Are You looking for:
- x A career-launching leadership experience?
- x A network of friends and contacts across Latvia and worldwide?
- x An opportunity to work and live abroad?
AIESEC offers two types of internships:
GIP – Global Internship program – With this programme, you can experience professional development and cross-cultural living and working experience. You can have different types of internship experiences (internships related to administration, finance, accounting, marketing, project management and HR, management, engineering and development in web, software, networks, and databases) as long as it clearly contributes to your professional development.
GCDP – Global Community Development Program – With this programme you can experience cross-cultural living and working, have opportunity to create positive societal impact together with personal development. You can have different types of volunteer experiences. You may work with organizations or in projects which focus on community development, as long as it contributes to your personal development and positive impact on society.
Steps to the process:
Selection and Application – after
joining and understanding AIESEC you can
enter a review process to assess your experiences and motivation for doing an AIESEC exchange.
Preparation – AIESEC provides resources, trainings and support to prepare you to
live and work in another country. This includes visa processing.
Matching - You will be trained and given access to use our on-line database of
offered internships. The more flexible you are the better.
Integration – AIESEC members in your host chapter provide support and assistance
in getting setup while providing opportunities for cultural and social activities.
Re-Integration – AIESEC supports you in making the readjustment process when you
Details and Logistics:
- x Duration: 6 weeks to 18 months
- x Salary covers living costs except development internships
- x For GIP internships salary covers your living expenses. For GCDP your living expenses within particular country are covered for you.
- x Matching takes in average 3 months, but the more flexible you are the faster the process
- x Application fee: please contact responsible person in nearest local committee by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- x Airfare to and from internship place is not included
Conditions. You need to:
- x be less than 30 years old
- x have finished at least 1 semester in University for applying for GCDP or have finished at least 2 years of studies for applying for GIP
- x have good English
- x be open minded, flexible and internationally oriented
Applications for the Exchange Program:
GCDP applications for RIGA are closed!
Next GIP and GCDP applications for Riga will be open in this Autumn.
GCDP applications for VALMIERA are closed!
Next GIP and GCDP applications for Valmiera will be open in this Autumn.
For any questions please write to email@example.com
Exchange promo video:
Blogs of our interns:
AIESEC Latvia Exchange experience blog:
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook to stay updated on our events and activities.